Eighth Avenue Place is the latest, most luxurious office tower to grace the Calgary sky. A truly monumental piece of modern architecture, it is also one of the first certified LEED Platinum office complexes in all of Canada. It is a physical manifestation and affirmation of the city’s connection to the Alberta landscape and the independent spirit of its people.
Not only does Eighth Avenue Place house some of the most prominent Calgary business leaders, it is a marvel of architectural and sustainable design – making it Calgary’s most prominent and luxurious business address.
Starting as an ambitious vision of the Tri-Party Ownership, the architectural firms of Pickard Chilton and Gibbs Gage Architects came together with one of the world’s leading developers, Hines, and principal contractor, Ellis Don, to make Eighth Avenue Place a reality – and together, they created a new standard of design perspective.
Adding to its success, Eighth Avenue Place is managed by top international real estate firm, Hines and owned by a trio of top real-estate investment firms, Ivanhoé Cambridge, Alberta Investment Management Corp. (AIMCo) and Matco Investments Ltd.
For more information on this property, please click here.
8th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 0R0
- Total Area
- East Tower: 1,042,000 sq ft, West Tower: 840,000 sq ft
- Number of Floors
- East Tower: 49, West Tower: 40
- Ceiling Height: 9 ft on all office floors, 9 ft 8 in on top three floors, Floor Plate: 23,500 sq ft, Column Free, 6 corner offices per floor
- Number of Parking Spaces
- Underground, six storey (6’10” minimum clearance) 1,143 Parking stalls (235 hourly public stalls)
- Year Built
- Building Certifications & Awards
- LEED Platinum Certified
high performance and low heat emanating T5 lamps, dual access to Enmax distribution grid
state of the art variable air distribution system, thermal energy monitoring & control, software communications interface
- Wall Type
- high rise: 1200 ft/min, mid-high rise: 800 ft/min, mid rise: 800 ft/min, low rise: 500 ft/min, parking: 4 at 450 ft/min, service: 5,000 lbs capacity per tower
- Fire Detection System
- a complete code complying fully addressable fire alarm system, including pull stations, speakers, horns, virtual strobes & smoke detectors. additional monitoring & indicating devices
- Sprinkler System
- fully concealed sprinkler heads
- Security Department
- 24-hour staffed security
- Security System
- card access, CCTV
- 18 bay loading dock facility
- Barrier Free
- access to adjacent east/west LRT
- Direct LRT Access